frequently asked questions
The first step in crafting a life you want is to get rid of everything you don't. - Joshua Becker
Why choose us?
Our process sets us apart from other home organizers. Not only will your home be more functional with the newly organized spaces, but it will can be aesthetically updated to your taste and preferences. Sarah, Owner of Home Theory, is certified as a Professional Organizer, Home Stager, and does Interior Design, so you can get the best of both worlds from one company. Home Theory also partners with Beyond Home Services to provide Handyman and Contractor services.
Do i have to get rid of my things in order to get organized?
Short answer, no. We start by working through the process of decluttering and donating items that are past their time in your home, but we won't remove anything you're not ready to part with. You always have the final say.
How long will it take?
I work at your pace with your goals in mind. A Pinterest-worthy space will take longer than a basic decluttering. Decluttering a file cabinet will take less time than filtering though old pictures and memory boxes. I assure you, we will work as efficiently as possible to create the space YOU want. For a fully detailed plan, we encourage an in-home consult.
How much will it cost?
Our package prices range from DIY virtual packages to VIP home transformations. The cost of storage solutions are not included and depend highly on personal taste, aesthetic desires, and quality of materials. We are always willing to help find products to fit your budget. Introduction sessions are a great way to tackle a smaller area and get a feel for the process.
what should i expect?
- A 100% judgement free zone. No matter if your home is just a little cluttered or you feel like it's the worst space ever, I assure you we can tackle any challenge, with complete understanding and positivity.
- Respect for your possessions. Although we do help sort your space with categorized editing, these are YOUR things. We won't remove anything you're not ready to part with.
- Complete confidentiality. We won't tell the world that you hired a professional organizer (But you can! We love referrals). We do take before and after photos for our records and will get permission if we want to use them for our portfolio, but we NEVER tag anyone, list names, or show anything that would be easily recognized such as people or photos.
What if I need something more specific?
We are happy to help with any home project! Sarah and her team have experience working with clients in an array of special projects including:
- Homeschooling/home learning spaces for kids
- Unpacking services to get families settled in their new home
- Holiday planning, decorating, organizing, and scheduling services
- Organization tools and awareness plans for food allergies within the home
- Eco-friendly and green home transformations
- Transitioning play spaces and bedrooms from baby to toddler to childhood
- Creating inviting guest spaces in homes and short term rental units
- Home office organization
- Downsizing elderly parents/grandparents
What if my husband/wife thinks it costs too much?
We would suggest considering, "What is a de-stressed living space worth?" The rewards of organizing a home are mental, physical, and financial. We don't just line up your things so they look nice. We design spaces that function better, are easier to maintain, and make daily life smoother.